R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me with this.

I have a few Hikvision cameras ( DS-2XMG222G0-ID(AE)) that I tried to upgrade the firmware using Postman. The upgrade was successful many times with the response being "Reboot Required" and I called another API to perform the reboot. I was flashing the same firmware multiple times to test the API. The version was V1.3.6.

However, once, I got a connection reset error and the camera just died and did not turn on. The next day another camera died and wouldn't power on at all. These cameras had a static IP on the network and were plugged into an NVR ( DS-MP7608HN) with it also being connected to the network. Today two more cameras died while upgrading. I didn't get any response, just a "Connection Reset. Unexpected end of stream" in the logs.

I tried to do the method listed here but I don't get any response on the TFTP at all. I also followed Wendell's step and used Scott's script but no luck at all. I am not able to detect the cameras at all. Nothing happens on the TFTP console. There is also no light on the PoE port of the NVR when I plug in the camera.

Is there something that can be done to bring these cameras back to life?