Would you trust this device?

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Nothing unusual. Bluetooth module, flash memory, accelerometer sensor, and battery. Has value if you like hacking/salvaging stuff from the junk drawer.

- Thomas

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
USAA wanted me to attach a similar device with a G-Sensor to my car if took out car insurance with them.....I said no. I believe there are many other insurance co.'s doing so as well.

If they can't decide what kind of a risk I am based on my driving and claim history, my age, geographic location, auto driven, auto usage, etc. etc. and actuarial tables for auto accident risks then I'm not going to pay them more to do their job for them.....I guess they think everyone is a incompetent and stupid as they are.

Reaction score
Those State Farm bastards just raised my rates 75% because of a single ticket... First one in 30+ years. And in a couple months, I get to find out if I am one of the "lucky" ones that they are dropping from their homeowners coverage.
Time to move! It looks like ALL the insurance companies are working to dump that damn state before fire season hits.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI insurance turns out to be one of the major part of the inflation data .. simply way too high of a component .. which is funny as the fed wants inflation down to 2% but so many items are significantly over that.

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Time to move! It looks like ALL the insurance companies are working to dump that damn state before fire season hits.
Unfortunately, need to stay in this loony-toons state for a few more years before I can retire, and then I hope that I can sell my house (can't sell if new buyers can't get insurance). The idiots from CDF didn't help by claiming that pretty much any area that is state responsibility is "high risk" even though the numbers don't support that. It's clear that their priority is empire building, not serving the people who pay the taxes.