Windows 10 EOS (22H2) Oct. 14, 2025

1777468488690.png
 
So back to your question, each O/S gets major upgrades yearly, sometimes twice a year, normally marked with the year released. 24H2, 25H2, being the latest. I just did a fresh install of WIN11 25H2, What was different, the subject of the year, forced Microsoft Login in order to finish WIN11 installation. The work-around I used (start ms-cxh:localonly) command. Technically they could take that away like they just did with the OOBE\BYPASSBRO in the 25H2 release.

But if they go to a subscription only O/S, none of the above matters...

I remember the push back with the subscription Office 365 when it first came out yet I know a bunch of people using it now.

As far as AI, I see it to be very competitive, think of Alexa, then Google came out with theirs. Personally I liked Google's continuous interaction better but now Alexa has caught up to them,

So which AI do you chose? Copilot now has a subscription plan/service. Why would you pay for AI. Preference. If Copilot is your thing,. people will pay for it. The convince of having that AI in your O/S can be attractive too. We know MS has pushed out their competition of their O/S for many years. Disabling other Browsers, remember that?

My daughter has worked indirectly with MS over the years, often flying to Redmond, she has shared Microsoft's obsession with AI development over those years. They put in a ton of money in AI. But who hasn't.

AI Wars are here. Trump is right, we need to dominate in this market...

Do I agree, well not that I have a choice, but what I don't agree with is these companies not pay their share, it is not up to us to pay for the Electricity and Water needed for these Data Centers, IMO, which goes back to my previous statement Rejeki Games, these companies are sinking a ton of money in AI with little to no profit, presently. That will change...
Disabling other Browsers, remember that?
 
  • Exclamation
Reactions: David L
26H2 Available

1790763497090.png

From what I understand is this update is a collection of this years updates...since my PC was up to date it went quick...
 
Last edited:
Have not noticed 26H2 available on my Older PCs that are not WIN11 compatible...thinking will have to manually update those, probably with Flyoobe/Flyby11
 
  • Like
Reactions: IAmATeaf
If you download and install KB5124010 which is available on the Windows Catalog site, around a 4Gb download, then install KB5121794, after a restart your system should be running 26H2.

From what I've read, if you are currently on 24H2 or 25H2, providing you have the very latest update installed, the first update above I think is a preview, then the 26H2 features are delivered but in a disabled state. The 2nd update just enables those disabled features bringing you up to 26H2.

Just did the above on my BI system and Windows winver now reports 26H2, was on 25H2 before.

If you are on 23H2 then you will need to perform a full upgrade using FlyBy11 to get to 26H2.
 
  • Like
Reactions: David L
If you download and install KB5124010 which is available on the Windows Catalog site, around a 4Gb download, then install KB5121794, after a restart your system should be running 26H2.

From what I've read, if you are currently on 24H2 or 25H2, providing you have the very latest update installed, the first update above I think is a preview, then the 26H2 features are delivered but in a disabled state. The 2nd update just enables those disabled features bringing you up to 26H2.

Just did the above on my BI system and Windows winver now reports 26H2, was on 25H2 before.

If you are on 23H2 then you will need to perform a full upgrade using FlyBy11 to get to 26H2.
Was your BI PC a qualified WIN11 system? Later CPU and TPM? I have a couple of older PCs I will need to get to 26H2...
 
Was your BI PC a qualified WIN11 system? Later CPU and TPM? I have a couple of older PCs I will need to get to 26H2...
Same here. I have 2 Dell's with i5-7400's that I installed Win 11 Home on using Rufus that are 25H2.
 
No, it has the required TPM 2 but not a supported CPU, has an i5-6500 so like you the update to 26H2 never appeared
Thank You for this. Helps alot...

This is one of my PCs with no TPM and older non-qualified CPU
1790944074232.png

So I updated to the Preview you mentioned:
1790944424137.png
1790946667057.png

So I did not need to d/l preview KB5124010


1790944274943.png
 
Last edited:
No, it has the required TPM 2 but not a supported CPU, has an i5-6500 so like you the update to 26H2 never appeared
So after Preview 9550 update I checked for updates but no 26H2. I can't find where to d/l KB5121794

Ok found it:




1790947381173.png

Thank You @IAmATeaf

This worked great...

1790947934691.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: IAmATeaf
  • Like
Reactions: IAmATeaf
Second non-quaffed WIN11 PC upgrade to 26H2 done, now on to two very, very slow laptops, one being a Dell Mini and the other being an old Thinkpad, haha, why do I do this to myself, I should just install Ubuntu on them and be done...these will take the rest of the day to update...:(
 
  • Like
Reactions: IAmATeaf