T54IR S3 AI question

TheE

Pulling my weight
Dec 8, 2018
191
116
TX
Hello. Below is the view from this camera. I like everything about the view, but I get a ton of false alerts from bugs at night. So I guess it's time I step into the 21st century and start using AI.


From what I understand, I can use either Smart Motion or IVS with this camera.


I want the entire view to alert on any movement from people, vehicles, and animals (armadillos, rabbits, coyotes, etc.). In this scenario, would you just use an intrusion box that covers the entire field of view? Any other input or suggestion would be appreciated!

Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 11.01.25.png
 
I will use one intrusion box to cover the whole area maybe like this, and then 1 or 2 tripwire to cover that area again and adjust them as necessary with experiment in the future.
 

Attachments

  • IVS line 001.jpg
    IVS line 001.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • Like
Reactions: TheE
Thank you for showing me this! I've never messed with this before, so it saved me from having to ask about a good resource on how you set all this up.


Also, on the sensitivity scale, is 10 higher or lower sensitivity?
It becomes more sensitive as you move the slider towards "10." I generally set it between 5-7. Also, I just noticed from the pic I posted, I would probably also check the box marked "appear" in addition to "cross."
 
  • Like
Reactions: JDreaming and TheE
Sorry, one more question while I'm thinking of it.

After I set up the intrusion box in the camera, do I just uncheck "Enable motion sensor" in BI here and check "ONVIF/camera events"?

Screenshot 2026-10-06 at 13.53.43.png
 
Well, I gave it a shot and no luck on the first try. The camera is now not alerting. Can anyone see what I did wrong by looking at these settings?

Camera settings:

Screenshot 2026-10-06 170201.png



Blue Iris settings:

Screenshot 2026-10-06 170127.png


Screenshot 2026-10-06 170059.png
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-10-06 170059.png
    Screenshot 2026-10-06 170059.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: