Speco Doorbell 04DB1

LYNSKYN

n3wb
Jan 21, 2020
7
2
Houston, Texas
I have been searching for a doorbell to replace my Ezviz DB1. I want one that supports wired ethernet, 3rd party NVR and a mechanical chime.
From what I have read, it looks like the Speco 04DB1 does all of that. It is kinda steep - $299 at B & H. Does anyone here have any experience with this doorbell or more info? Thanks.
 
The B&H page for that one says nothing of ethernet or PoE. Perhaps I missed it. I used to have a DB1 also. I think you'll be disappointed with this one's FOV if you're accustomed to the wonderful DB1 FOV. I searched high and low for a suitable, single camera replacement, but couldn't find one. I ended up going w/ the 2 camera Uniview doorbell and am satisfied. Mechanical chime, NVR support, but WiFi. Of course the price of that doorbell has shot up an additional $200 since I purchased it. No idea why. Good luck!
 
I have been searching for a doorbell to replace my Ezviz DB1. I want one that supports wired ethernet, 3rd party NVR and a mechanical chime.
From what I have read, it looks like the Speco 04DB1 does all of that. It is kinda steep - $299 at B & H. Does anyone here have any experience with this doorbell or more info? Thanks.
I agree with @mrceolla , I see nothing about POE. The specs here say: "Power: DC 12V-24V/DC12V-V power supply; AC 16V-24V; 5V/1.5V (USB-C) power supply"
Also, not sure about NVR compatibility outside of Speco.

The Reolink is available in POE or Wi-Fi and will work with an ONVIF-compliant NVR and comes with a wireless chime but won't do wired out-of-the-box as the Speco claims to do. FWIW, my 2 Reolink wireless doorbells have been running flawlessly for over 3 years now.
 
Last edited:
It doesn't do PoE but has RJ45. I don't care about PoE but would like the ethernet connection so I don't have to rely on wireless.
I have been considering the Reolink. I understand the battery model will support a mechanical chime but have read it does not support RTSP or ONVIF.
Here's a spec sheet I found on the Speco.
 

Attachments

Same spec sheet tech-wise as I linked in post # 4.....is the Speco ONVIF-compliant?
 
and a mechanical chime.
When I Google that Speco 04DB1 unit, I see prices ranging from $299 up to $399 - though the $399 figure is likely the recommended retail price. :rofl:

So, are you seriously willing to spend ~ $299 - just because you absolutely want to keep using your old mechanical chime - when you could get the Reolink Doorbell PoE for around $100, or even for ~ € 50 (refurbished) here in Europe via eBay?

Not to mention that there is years' worth of user feedback available for the Reolink doorbell, whereas with that completely obscure Speco 04DB1 unit, nobody can really say how well things actually work.

Sorry, I just don't get it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TonyR