SD1A203T-GN-W and the security vulnerabilities of recent years.

Jim_OS

Pulling my weight
Jan 31, 2018
234
131
Germany
First off: I don't know if anyone has asked this here before.

I still have two SD1A203T-GN-W units in use, and both are running the last available firmware version: V2.800.0000000.6.R.R4.383 (Build Date: 2021-07-05). Over the last few years, Dahua has released several firmware updates that patched some serious security vulnerabilities. As far as I recall, a 2024 vulnerability involving P2P was patched even on Dahua devices that had already reached End-of-Life (EOL) status. However, there was no newer firmware version for the SD1A203T-GN-W in 2024.

Now, in 2026, there appears to have been another critical security vulnerability that prompted Dahua to release firmware updates even for cameras that had been EOL for years - this was the case for my old SD49225T-HN, for example. Yet, once again, there was no firmware update for the SD1A203T-GN-W, even though it is a newer model than the SD49225T-HN.

Of course, I don't know exactly which security vulnerabilities were patched by the 2026 firmware, nor do I know if the SD1A203T-GN-W was even affected. However, given the outdated firmware from 2021 and the apparently serious security vulnerabilities Dahua has faced, I’m wondering if it’s really a good idea to keep using these old SD1A203T-GN-W units. I’ve always had P2P disabled, and the cameras don’t have internet access either, so I basically tell myself: "What could possibly happen?" :lol: Still, I’d really like to hear/read your opinions and assessments on the matter. :)