Problem updating firmware on Dahua SD49225T-HN

wrybread

Pulling my weight
Sep 12, 2018
269
123
San Francisco
I have a few old SD49225T-HN cameras, all still working perfectly. But one of them has outdated firmware, dated 9/2/2021:

firmware_outdated.png

My other cameras all show firmware dated 7/22/2024:

firmware2.png

I went to the Empire Tech download page:


And downloaded the firmware:


But when I install it, I get an error message:

upgrade_fail1.png

I tried using different browsers, including Edge in Internet Explorer mode, I always get the same error.

I don't imagine anyone has any tips?
 
The other issue could be the PTZ with the 2024 firmware is the S3 chipset version and won't work with the older chipset. I believe it was early 2024 that the chipset changed.
 
The other issue could be the PTZ with the 2024 firmware is the S3 chipset version and won't work with the older chipset. I believe it was early 2024 that the chipset changed.

Interesting. Any idea how to see which chipset I have?

Here's Information -> Version:

settingsss.png

I don't see any other model or chipset info anywhere, but maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
 
It could have been late 2023. I will have to see if I can find a post here when it changed.
 
I have a few old SD49225T-HN cameras, all still working perfectly. But one of them has outdated firmware, dated 9/2/2021:

View attachment 250003

My other cameras all show firmware dated 7/22/2024:

View attachment 250004

I went to the Empire Tech download page:


And downloaded the firmware:


But when I install it, I get an error message:

View attachment 250005

I tried using different browsers, including Edge in Internet Explorer mode, I always get the same error.

I don't imagine anyone has any tips?

I assume it’s a zip file download and you extracted the .bin file and used it to update with?

You should be able to compare it to the FW name on the others

I’ve seen a FW update take a few tries. Usually a connection issue.
 
I assume it’s a zip file download and you extracted the .bin file and used it to update with?

You should be able to compare it to the FW name on the others

I’ve seen a FW update take a few tries. Usually a connection issue.

Nope, just a straight .bin file, unzipped. Full name is:

General_SD-Mao-Rhea_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_IVS_V2.800.0000000.7.R.240722.bin

That matches the System Version of my updated cameras, which is V2.800.0000000.7.R, Build Date: 2024-07-22.

I've tried the update a bunch of times including hardwired (no wifi), no luck.
 
I assume it’s a zip file download and you extracted the .bin file and used it to update with?

You should be able to compare it to the FW name on the others

I’ve seen a FW update take a few tries. Usually a connection issue.

Interestingly the .bin file is a zip file, if I append the .zip file extension I get these contents:

1791245177567.png
 
Also interesting! I can then browse that .zip file, but if I try to actually extract it, I get an error that the archive is corrupt. So I wonder if that .bin file is corrupt... I don't imagine anyone has another location to look for the SD49225T-HN firmware?

I doubt that's it though, I tried to extract the firmware of a few other cameras on that site and none worked. So either they're all corrupt or, more likely I think, they're just not standard zip files and can't be extracted that way (I'm using WinRAR).