Money & Economics

And there ya go. In the footnotes. ..My biggest single fear

Anyone else sitting on some Athene annuities?
Now to decide whether to take the penalty and cash them in.... year 3 of 5yr fixed rate annuities

And its not JUST Apollo/Athene - likely your Insurance company is holding as well.




HUHSVRBX0AA9yhk.jpg
 
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: johnfitz
^^^^^^
Interesting I called my broker at JPM who sold them to me, he agrees it’s something to watch closely. One if his most popular fixed income offerings.

Get this. When I bought them 3 years ago, best rate was 5.25 for 5 years

Today they are offering 5.85 for 3 years…
 
  • Wow
Reactions: johnfitz
 
  • Wow
Reactions: johnfitz
 
  • Wow
Reactions: johnfitz
Huh. Gee

 
In other words "Oil is at $93 and heading to $100. Quick tell them negotiations are going well and no war till later"
 
Yeah it was hard to sit out and watch
 
  • Like
Reactions: MikeLud1
Yeah I knew you had taken a hit. I ate a bunch too.

Today was interesting. Bond yields may have peaked? And some of the shiny got washed off the AI toys. May be a good re-entry point. :idk:

Oil still a headwind.
 
Big deal


 
May have to buy a little SPCX tonight

1791497180208.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: MikeLud1
Ah what the hell, in for 100 @ $164.86