HOME ASSISTANT (Assist) Voice Assistant

Yeah my son gave me his old 3 D printer. Its a Makerbot...very old...its an intro to 3 d printing...
Wish my son gave me a 3D printer, guess your son loves you more, haha
 
Pete pulled me away from SmartThings, hey it was my first love, haha, don't hate on me...;) Konnected worked real good with SmartThings back then. Still have the original SmartThings Hub, somewhere...before they stopped making them.
Even got a Hubitat, which I still use for Z-Wave/Zigbee. Tried Zooz800 but it kept locking up my HA box, thinking the VM that HA runs on may of not liked the USB port. I see they have a newer one, Z-Stick 10 Pro
 
How many of us here are former CQC users? Sadly, I am still hanging on to my CQC system. While a lot of it is "broken", it actually still does most of the triggered automation that I needed mainly lighting and HVAC changes based on my alarm status. It basically just silently does it's job without any user interaction. I don't use it for GUIs anymore as all the weather and other "cool" stuff is broken.

I have HA loaded and running on a VM and I have started to play with it in a "lab" environment. I just haven't had the time to really dedicate myself to learning it however.
I am since 2007! Only thing left on my system is for my sons media room. Havent found the integrations yet to convert it over to Home Assistant. To this day the best system out there. If only Dean could have kept it alive.
Anyone heard how Dean is doing?
 
Dean is still listed on the Spectrum Medical website, so it seems that he still has the same job, but outside of that I have no other information.

BTW - I'm sic0048 from the Coccontech and CQC forums.
 
  • Like
Reactions: David L
Here is a good Tip:

 
Thanks to @pete_c I replaced my Home Assistant Ubuntu/VM with a direct Home Assistant install. All I can said is, WOW, the speed is a huge difference. The web GUI is snapper, the updates are much. much quicker now. Plus no more Ubuntu updates first then Home Assistant update...

This install was much easier than I thought. Made a Backup of Home Assistant. Used Rufus and made a Bootable USB Stick, loaded Ubuntu on it, made sure PC had UEFI On and no Secure Boot, once booted from USB stick I did not chose Install, only Try, when Ubuntu came up I had it write the Home Assistant image to the x86 PC...DONE...

Be sure to have DHCP On for the port you are using that HA PC will be on, it will grab an IP. You will see the IP on HA boot screen.

To restore HA settings; in Browser use HA IP, you will be asked if you want to Restore, just point to where your HA Back is, it will be a .tar file...My Restore took many hours, it actually never showed finished on the browser screen. I looked this up and apparently this is common. After about 6 hours I decided to just reboot the PC. All was good, all restored.

I pretty much just followed this guide:

Thank You @pete_c