HIKVISION EHR315-8: Playback timeline wont play a certain part of an hour

Cartel

n3wb
Aug 8, 2021
21
2
Canada
I'm trying to play back some footage but at a point of timeline, the blue pointer then jumps back about 60 minutes then stays there while the footage still plays but I cant adjust the index marker unless I move it past this certain time or before it.
If I select a minuter before it happens, the index makers jumps back. what would do that?
I tried formatting the drive but it does it again

thanks

DSC04144.jpg
 
That pattern usually means the timeline index for that hour is wrong, not that the video file itself is gone. Formatting the drive alone does not rebuild Blue Iris's clip database, so the bad pointer can come right back.

Stop Blue Iris completely (service and console). Then either run Clips > Database > Repair/Regenerate, or with BI stopped delete the BlueIrisDatabase folder and let it rebuild on the next start. That can take a while on a big archive, but it is the fix when one hour's seek point is stuck.

While it rebuilds, open that hour's .bvr directly from the New/Stored folder in a file explorer and play it outside the timeline. If the file plays cleanly, the footage is fine and it was only the DB/index. Also confirm Windows and Blue Iris are on the same time zone with automatic DST, because a one-hour jump at a fixed boundary often tracks a TZ/DST mismatch on the clip timestamps.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cartel
That pattern usually means the timeline index for that hour is wrong, not that the video file itself is gone. Formatting the drive alone does not rebuild Blue Iris's clip database, so the bad pointer can come right back.

Stop Blue Iris completely (service and console). Then either run Clips > Database > Repair/Regenerate, or with BI stopped delete the BlueIrisDatabase folder and let it rebuild on the next start. That can take a while on a big archive, but it is the fix when one hour's seek point is stuck.

While it rebuilds, open that hour's .bvr directly from the New/Stored folder in a file explorer and play it outside the timeline. If the file plays cleanly, the footage is fine and it was only the DB/index. Also confirm Windows and Blue Iris are on the same time zone with automatic DST, because a one-hour jump at a fixed boundary often tracks a TZ/DST mismatch on the clip timestamps.
that sounds about right but this is a hikvision. sorry I forgot to mention it. I had it hooked to the internet last night temporarily to see if it would find new firmware and while it didnt find any, it updated the clock 1 hour and by the time I noticed and fixed the time, I noticed the video playback was all wrong so I formatted. It seems that didnt fix it like you said but now I'm stumped. Now its a new day and 4am, the playback works fine where ever I click it to. it seems to act up around 21:00-23:00 area so we'll see later I guess.
 
Last edited:
it updated the clock 1 hour and by the time I noticed and fixed the time
Does this mean that the DST setting on the NVR is incorrect and you are manually overriding the time that the internet timeservers provide after you allow internet access?

Also - does the time shown in the camera on-screen display match the time of the NVR? I can't quite see that on the playback image.
The same question about DST and NTP activity for the camera.
 
I think @jeremyx rebuild suggestion was valid, for BI, but as you've stated that that you formatted the drive in the NVR that does I believe remove a potentially corrupt index structure as the cause of the behaviour.
But for future reference and possible experiment, in the NVR web GUI there will be under Storage Management, a button to do a rebuild of either the video index or all the indices on the HDD. This should not affect stored videos but can correct some playback anomalies that can sometimes occur.