Hi everyone,
I’m trying to troubleshoot a Hikvision DS-7616NI-Q2/16P that is about 4 years old. I originally installed it for a client, and it was running with a UPS, but the client later removed the UPS. I suspect the intermittent power cuts and power cycling may have caused the problem.
It first started complaining about an RTC/CMOS battery problem. I replaced the battery, but the RTC issue continued.
Now the bigger problem is that the NVR will not retain any configuration. I can activate it, configure everything, save the settings, and it works normally. But as soon as I restart it, all settings are gone and it comes back to the initial activation screen as if it were a brand-new NVR.
I have already tried:
The current firmware is V4.75.207 build 240604.
I came across some discussions mentioning possible NVRAM/flash storage failure or internal configuration storage failure.
Has anyone experienced this with this model, and is there a way to repair/reprogram the configuration storage, or is this likely a mainboard replacement situation?
Any advice or experience with this particular failure would be greatly appreciated.
I’m trying to troubleshoot a Hikvision DS-7616NI-Q2/16P that is about 4 years old. I originally installed it for a client, and it was running with a UPS, but the client later removed the UPS. I suspect the intermittent power cuts and power cycling may have caused the problem.
It first started complaining about an RTC/CMOS battery problem. I replaced the battery, but the RTC issue continued.
Now the bigger problem is that the NVR will not retain any configuration. I can activate it, configure everything, save the settings, and it works normally. But as soon as I restart it, all settings are gone and it comes back to the initial activation screen as if it were a brand-new NVR.
I have already tried:
- Replacing the RTC/CMOS battery
- Factory resetting it
- Removing all HDDs and testing without them
- Reconfiguring it from scratch
- Trying to upgrade the firmware
- Trying to re-flash the same firmware
The current firmware is V4.75.207 build 240604.
I came across some discussions mentioning possible NVRAM/flash storage failure or internal configuration storage failure.
Has anyone experienced this with this model, and is there a way to repair/reprogram the configuration storage, or is this likely a mainboard replacement situation?
Any advice or experience with this particular failure would be greatly appreciated.
