Hi....I am a newb......

Smilingreen

Known around here
Sep 17, 2021
3,940
15,372
Tennessee USA
I gotta be a newb. I just finished bricking the second camera within 2 months. This time, it was my thermal cam. Not as expensive as the PTZ I bricked a couple of months ago. It seems, changing things within the AI functions of both of the cameras, I am selecting something that is causing the cams to brick. That is where I was monkeying around in with the PTZ AND the thermal cam, both......:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
 
?

Can’t reach it via its web gui?
Positive you have the right IP for the camera?
Positive it’s on the same network segment as your computer?
 
?

Can’t reach it via its web gui?
Positive you have the right IP for the camera?
Positive it’s on the same network segment as your computer?
nope
yep
yep

No wonder I hate AI so bad.....I have the worst luck with it!

I went through the same issue back in the summer with my PTZ. I finally had to just order a new PTZ from Andy. I guess I'll have to order a new thermal, now, from him too.....
 
Oh man.

Its hard to brick one just playing with the interface...
 
At least your being a good sport about it. :/ I'd have to go buy a dog to kick, and burn ants with a magnifying glass, and tell my girl friend her mother is pain in my ass, if I lost 2 with that much value.
Have you tinkered around with all the now famous @wittaj factory reset scenarios?