Fregata.app: A port of Frigate to macOS

Let me know if you need any help, I've been testing so many builds of both the server and the app and talking with the dev team so much I almost feel like an expert in Fregata now.
yea, step one.. i need to update my OS on my Mac Mini.

then I would hope its smooth sailing from there there.

very basic IP cam system.

just want a few line crossing events, human events. nothing crazy.

oh yea, also having it record audio.. and a better timeline to scrub events.

right now, Sighthound breaks these up in 96mb events.
 
Last edited:
I found one bug and they fixed it same day. Some others found some other bugs.

It honestly doesn't feel like a beta at all. I'm finally considering turning off my HA notifications for Fregata.

They've got the basics very well covered with this app, excited to see all the stuff they add to it over time like being able to have more control over your server via iOS Shortcuts, I'm a big shortcuts user for other things.
never used an IOS shortcut...

what do you personally use them for?
 
Let me know if you need any help, I've been testing so many builds of both the server and the app and talking with the dev team so much I almost feel like an expert in Fregata now.
are you on Golden Gate by chance?
 
hows the iOS app working? u happy with notifications, scrubbing, etc?
Very happy so far! A a new beta build (or two) drops every single day with fixes and new features. Totally turned off my HA notifications.

I did have a problem with iCloud syncing credentials overwriting my phone's settings when I added the app on an iPad, but I reported that and they're working on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: flynreelow
Very happy so far! A a new beta build (or two) drops every single day with fixes and new features. Totally turned off my HA notifications.

I did have a problem with iCloud syncing credentials overwriting my phone's settings when I added the app on an iPad, but I reported that and they're working on it.
wow, nice to hear ur got rid of HA for notifactions.

thats huge
 
I'm giving it a try. I've never used frigate or any of the other VMSs. How do I delete cameras that I have added? I don't see a control for this. Am I supposed to do this in the config.yaml file?
 
I'm giving it a try. I've never used frigate or any of the other VMSs. How do I delete cameras that I have added? I don't see a control for this. Am I supposed to do this in the config.yaml file?
In the Frigate Web UI: Settings > Global Configuration > Camera Management > Delete Camera button

You can also do it in the config.yaml file, most of us that have been using Frigate/Fregata for a while "grew up" doing everything there. They only added almost all settings in the Web UI in the latest release v0.18
 
In the Frigate Web UI: Settings > Global Configuration > Camera Management > Delete Camera button

You can also do it in the config.yaml file, most of us that have been using Frigate/Fregata for a while "grew up" doing everything there. They only added almost all settings in the Web UI in the latest release v0.18
I looked for Global Configuration earlier without success. Now that you have confirmed these steps I know this is the way and will find it. Thanks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: modplan