Confirm Alerts with AI - analyzing outside of specified Zone

Post

Getting the hang of it
Sep 1, 2016
58
29
I just upgraded from v5 to v6 (6.1.1.4 to be exact) and it's working great. However, I'm having some trouble with Confirming Alerts with AI in a specific zone.

I'd like to receive an alert if there's anyone (or car/bike) in my front yard.

I set the Motion Sensor and "Confirm Alerts with AI" only for the front yard (Zone B). But, the AI is analyzing objects in the street (outside of Zone B) resulting in excessive alerts.

Here's my setup:

Zone A is the entire frame (front yard and street). Zone B is just the front yard.
Zone B.png

Motion Sensor set to Object must cross zone B:
Motion Sensor - Zone B.png

AI is set to Confirm alerts with AI:
Confirm Alerts with AI.png

Alert Confirmation is set to only Analyze Zone B:
Confirm AI Zone B.png

I assumed by doing the above, only Zone B would be analyzed for both Motion and AI objects. But, here's what's happening:

Motion Sensor is working in Zone B (lot of shadows):
1791310734088.png

Then to confirm, AI recognizes the car which is outside of Zone B. I was getting alerts all day when the shadows were active and a car went by.
AI Detection Snapshot in Zone A.png1791320025076.png

I don't understand why the AI is confirming objects outside of Zone B?

What am I missing? Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I just upgraded from v5 to v6 (6.1.1.4 to be exact) and it's working great. However, I'm having some trouble with Confirming Alerts with AI in a specific zone.

I'd like to receive an alert if there's anyone (or car/bike) in my front yard.

I set the Motion Sensor and "Confirm Alerts with AI" only for the front yard (Zone B). But, the AI is analyzing objects in the street (outside of Zone B) resulting in excessive alerts.

Here's my setup:

Zone A is the entire frame (front yard and street). Zone B is just the front yard.
View attachment 250075

Motion Sensor set to Object must cross zone B:
View attachment 250068

AI is set to Confirm alerts with AI:
View attachment 250066

Alert Confirmation is set to only Analyze Zone B:
View attachment 250067

I assumed by doing the above, only Zone B would be analyzed for both Motion and AI objects. But, here's what's happening:

Motion Sensor is working in Zone B (lot of shadows):
View attachment 250077

Then to confirm, AI recognizes the car which is outside of Zone B. I was getting alerts all day when the shadows were active and a car went by.
View attachment 250076View attachment 250079

I don't understand why the AI is confirming objects outside of Zone B?

What am I missing? Any input would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Try specifying the zone with the object in the 'To confirm' box -- like 'person:B'.

And in Actions, use the same syntax in the 'Required AI objects' box.

See this post, and for history this post.

Keep in mind this note in the first post:
  • "Specifying zones on the Camera settings > AI > Configure tab will limit ALL triggers, which may not be desirable if you want to trigger on all zones, but execute 'On alert' actions for only some zones."
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Post and jrbeddow