Clip download locked up BI

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Jun 21, 2021
72
43
SF Bay Area
This morning I was on the UI3 in my office computer and wanted to download/save a clip that was recorded overnight. I did the usual "start" and "end" and clicked the export clip. Not a huge event recorded time. I suddenly got several server errors, attempting to reload..etc. and continual cascading errors. Then the BI system basically "locked up".
I went out to the main BI computer and it was also "locked up", with red error bar, and all the clips on the side panel were not showing. I went to the LOG and tried to see what happened. I then tried to "rebuld database" as none of the past clips were showing. The BI system kept shutting down. Reboot. Came back but still big red bar at bottom and none of the clips showed.
System stopped recording from camera as well. Frustrated I went back to my office computer and had to get into the Log for the UI3..and then finally I found the part with the que for downloading clips...and it was frozen. I was able to "Cancel" the download... then the system became unfrozen and back to normal.

I don't know why this time, doing a standard download of a clip could lock up the entire system. I am using a Unifi router with a 2.5Gb connection via ethernet.

For about 20 minutes of trying I thought there was a total failure...but the only thing that brought it back up was getting in the remote desktop via UI3 and cancelling the "save clip". Did not know that could basically shut down the system.