tinker3433
BIT Beta Team
- May 3, 2014
- 31
- 11
Me too. 5.9.97 to 5.9.99 took my CPU from 23% to 45%. rolled back to 5.9.97 and i will wait it out...6.0.0 is nigh!!!!!!!!
I'mma wait for 6.0.1.
Me too. 5.9.97 to 5.9.99 took my CPU from 23% to 45%. rolled back to 5.9.97 and i will wait it out...6.0.0 is nigh!!!!!!!!
I'mma wait for 6.0.1.
ck your actual task manager for the CPU usage and adjust the CPU factor in BI to match. I had to adjust mine awhile back due to version change.Me too. 5.9.97 to 5.9.99 took my CPU from 23% to 45%. rolled back to 5.9.97 and i will wait it out...
That seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks again.Thank you. Will try that over the weekend and report if that fixes the issue.
I don't think it's a big deal today, but I suspect its importance will grow over time:is arm support a big deal?
My seek/scrub/playback performance also went massively downhill with .99, although oddly enough, my reported CPU usage didn't go up. But this is in UI3, so maybe the CPU usage reporting isn't as accurate.My cpu usage shot up to 55% with 5.9.99
I remember it was around 15 to 20% before this update
A lot of that is due to Ken changed the way it reads CPU usage. Look at your task manager and maybe adjust your CPU factor. I had to change mine to .750 to make it same as task managers.Same high CPU issue went loading 5.9.9.9. CPU usage was 15% and grew to 33%. I rolled back to 5.9.9.7 and back to 15% CPU usage.
When I updated to .99, my actual performance suffered, not the reported CPU usage. In fact my reported CPU usage didn't change at all, but scrub/seek performance was unusable until I reverted back to .96.A lot of that is due to Ken changed the way it reads CPU usage. Look at your task manager and maybe adjust your CPU factor. I had to change mine to .750 to make it same as task managers.
Maybe he changed it back in the latest versions. My cpu in blueiris and task manager are about the same without changing percentages.A lot of that is due to Ken changed the way it reads CPU usage. Look at your task manager and maybe adjust your CPU factor. I had to change mine to .750 to make it same as task managers.
Anyone having issues streaming rtsp from blueiris. All of a sudden my streams dont work anymore with this 5.9.99 versionMaybe he changed it back in the latest versions. My cpu in blueiris and task manager are about the same without changing percentages.
How to do to run in a VM on a Mac?I don't think it's a big deal today, but I suspect its importance will grow over time:
- CPU-agnosticism is, in general, a good thing, if done properly. In the best cases, there is no CPU-specific code in the code base, which makes it easier to subsequently compile the code later for other architectures, such as RISC-V, or whatever comes down the pike 5-10 years from now.
- As always, "It depends," but CPU-agnostic code often implies a more modern, thought-out approach to architecture and best-practices coding, because the duct-tape and baling-wire approach does NOT last long on multi-arch software projects. Making little CPU-specific fixes everywhere a CPU-specific bug rears its ugly head will soon collapse under its own weight. So if BI 6 is written in truly CPU-agnostic code, it probably means that the development team has refactored things to make the whole system more robust, modular, and maintainable. Yes, there will be shiny new bugs in 6.0.0, but I suspect the code base will be of higher quality than was 5.x, overall.
- There aren't a lot of ARM-based PCs on the market today, but it will grow over time.
- BI on ARM means that it should be possible to run in a VM on a Mac. This isn't going to be a huge segment One Week Kite Safari Egypt of the user base, but it will be a nice option for some people, like my brother.
Use Parallels Desktop (the best but paid) or VMware Fusion (free but sometimes outdated from Mac OS updates)How to do to run in a VM on a Mac?
