Varmint Cam-2nd life for 5231-z12's

Feb 4, 2020
8,423
13,347
Minnesota USA
We have an incursion at the garage door. VC ( Varmint Cong) I'm thinking Mice? Meese? Mouse? I don't think a Chipmunk or a Gopher would fit in there.
I just replaced the 16 foot rubber strip on the garage door, about a week ago. And today I find something chewed its way thru both seals, the vertical and the horizontal. Determined little bugger dammit. they think they're gonna move in rent free. I just got home from work about 1 am. and moved a z-12 into position to watch the crevice. then I decided to see if I could fill the void with any scrap wood laying around. and I found a 1"x2" (roughly) and screwed it to the wall to block their path.
Now I'm going to have to revisit this for the other side. That side was their entry before we replaced the strip. I screwed around with AI object detection and zone's ABC in motion detection. See what it finds. I may have to repostion the other 5231-z12 to watch when both cars ar in the garage blocking this cam, But she works 12 hour shifts, so half the afternoon and night roughly (3Pm to 3 Am) are covered at the moment.
I seem to recall the simple Simon Amcrest camera spotting mice on default settings in the 3 season porch back a 2-3 years ago
I wonder if I'm over doing it with zones and object detection.
IMG_5398.jpgimage4.pngimage2.jpegunnamed.jpgUntitled-1.jpgIMG_5381.jpgIMG_5397.PNG
 

Attachments

  • vermin.jpg
    vermin.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: bigredfish
I definitely will not be be pulling out a chair and camping out with a bottle of Whiskey and a 12 Gauge, like my old Boss at Port Barrington did with the Raccoons.


 

Attachments

  • IMG_5402.jpeg
    IMG_5402.jpeg
    520.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: bigredfish
IPCAMTALK public service announcement:
The google machine yielded and interesting rodent bait idea. 2 parts baking soda 1 part Jiffy cornbread mix.
 
  • Like
Reactions: gwminor48