ptz controls greyed out in ui3

maccardi

n3wb
Nov 13, 2019
2
1
I'm running UI3 version 334, Blue Iris version: 6.0.9.17 and my ptz controls are greyed out. I can control my ptz cameras and presets with the keyboard but the gui controls dont work. I looked in the settings and can't find anything turned off. When I hover over the controls, I see a tooltip that say's "disabled by user preference", but I can't see a setting where that is done. They all worked at one time but no longer work. This happens on all of my ptz cameras, different brands and types. Any ideas what to look for???
 
Since all your PTZ's are affected I don't think it's a camera setting in BI but instead a user setting.

Go to BI's "Settings" => "Users", double-click on the user name with the issue and insure "PTZ/Control" is checked then click on "OK."
 
  • Like
Reactions: looney2ns
Since all your PTZ's are affected I don't think it's a camera setting in BI but instead a user setting.

Go to BI's "Settings" => "Users", double-click on the user name with the issue and insure "PTZ/Control" is checked then click on "OK."
I have verified that that box is checked, and I even toggled it on and off but the controls are still greyed out, I can't figure out why this is happening.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TonyR
That exact tooltip ("disabled by user preference") is UI3's local browser setting, not the Blue Iris Users > PTZ/Control checkbox.

In UI3 open Main Menu (three dots) > UI Settings, find the PTZ section, and turn PTZ Controls back on. That toggle is stored in that browser's local storage, so it can be off on one PC or profile while keyboard hotkeys still work (hotkeys do not depend on the on-screen pad).

If the pad is still grey after enabling it, hard-refresh UI3 or use storageinfo.htm / reset.htm under the UI3 folder to reset those local settings, then enable PTZ Controls again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wen
@jeremyx's answer looks AI generated since it hallucinated a setting that doesn't exist. Resetting all of UI3's storage would indeed fix it, but that is the nuclear option.

The real solution is, while you have a PTZ camera selected, right click the PTZ preset buttons and click Enable PTZ Controls. At some point you accidentally disabled them by that same method.

1791040953410.png


Admittedly this is difficult to discover; it is a relic of early early UI3 development when people wanted to be able to disable a few different sections of the side bar controls.

The same right-click context menu disable/enable button exists for the profile and schedule controls too.

1791041187878.png

1791041194955.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: TonyR