Every security camera I have seen in this city is installed under an eave, and most of them are below 6'5" above the ground. Anyone can reach up and disable it, spray paint it, etc.
Homesecurity systems
The house I am living in, I cannot install it like that for one main reason apart from the vulnerability.
In front of the house, we have a lot of shrubbery which my housemate is loathe to cut down or prune. Vicious pruning would be required to give visibility to the footpath.
I want to use a pair of brackets attached to timber tile battens,, that bend backwards over the tile, so I can attach a TP-Link camera with PTZ.
My housemate is opposed to this as she thinks:
We live in Perth WA and temperatures in summer can reach 40 deg C (over 100 F) and there may be an issue with reflected heat from our dark roof tiles as well.
The camera will have an attached solar panel.
Can anyone advise me about whether this is a decent idea


Homesecurity systems
The house I am living in, I cannot install it like that for one main reason apart from the vulnerability.
In front of the house, we have a lot of shrubbery which my housemate is loathe to cut down or prune. Vicious pruning would be required to give visibility to the footpath.
I want to use a pair of brackets attached to timber tile battens,, that bend backwards over the tile, so I can attach a TP-Link camera with PTZ.
My housemate is opposed to this as she thinks:
- local council may have a height limit on cameras
- nobody else appears to do this therefore it cannot be a good idea
- it fails the aesthetic test
We live in Perth WA and temperatures in summer can reach 40 deg C (over 100 F) and there may be an issue with reflected heat from our dark roof tiles as well.
The camera will have an attached solar panel.
Can anyone advise me about whether this is a decent idea






