Hikvision IVMS 4200 won't accept username or password at all.

Sep 29, 2026
1
0
Australia
I have a Hikvision NVR-208-E/8P it's firmware is on v3.4.92 build 170794 - I am using IVMS 4200 v3.13.1.5 build 20250805 downloaded from the Hikvision website. I've also tried version IVMS 4200 2.5.0.5 - I have just gone ahead and reset the password for the admin user on the NVR system, using the SADP tool - I had to email a file to hikvision which they responded back with a key. I was able to successfully reset the password, when I created the password I did not enter any symbols. Just letters and numbers.

I am able to login to the NVR system via IP address on a web browser using the same details I just reset. However when I try and use IVMS 4200 either the latest or an old version, on my Windows 11 PC, IVMS 4200 says that the username or password is incorrect. When I use the SADP tool to change a setting eg to turn DHCP off / on, and I enter in the same password I use on the iVMS software, it works. I have tried adding another user in the Web Portal for the NVR and tried logging in on the IVMS 4200 software, however that hasn't worked. I tried setting the port to 8001 and that still produces the Username or password incorrect error. I have set windows to allow inbound and outbound port for TCP 8000. I have reinstalled IVMS 4200 multiple times, I've installed it on a computer that hasn't had the software before and same issue. I've clicked Restore in Maintenance on the NVR and that hasn't worked at all. I've rebooted this NVR multiple times. However same issue of the iVMS software saying username or password incorrect.

Please help.
 
Since the web UI and SADP both accept the same admin password, the credentials themselves are fine. iVMS-4200 talks to the NVR over the SDK/service port, not the HTTP web port, so the usual mismatch is there.

On the NVR web UI, open Configuration > Network and check the Server Port (sometimes labeled under Basic or Advanced Settings). After the SADP reset and Restore it should still be 8000. In iVMS Device Management, add by IP/Domain with Port set to that same SDK port, not 80, and not 8001 unless you also changed the NVR server port to match. Username must be exactly admin in the Username field; the Alias/Name can be anything.

Then: delete the NVR from iVMS, close SADP (it can clash with iVMS), power-cycle the NVR and wait a couple of minutes so any lockout counter clears, and re-add the device manually with iVMS run as Administrator once. If it still fails with Server Port confirmed at 8000, check System > User Management on the admin account for an IP/MAC bind and clear it to 0.0.0.0. Workaround if SDK login keeps lying: add the NVR in iVMS via Hik-Connect/P2P with the device serial, since browser auth already works.