Feature idea: click a spot on a fixed camera, PTZ goes there (video)

camguy971

n3wb
Oct 8, 2026
2
1
rochester ny
I run an Axis Q6100-E (four fixed cams in one housing) with a Q6155-E PTZ in the middle. On Axis's own web page I can click a spot on any of the four fixed views and the PTZ swings to it. Video below. I'd love this inside Blue Iris.

How I picture it:

  • Link a fixed camera to a PTZ camera.
  • The fixed view gets divided into squares.
  • Teach mode: click a square, aim the PTZ at it, save. Do every square, or just a handful and let BI fill in the rest by interpolating between saved ones.
  • After that, clicking the fixed view sends the PTZ there.

Nothing brand-specific. Any fixed camera next to any PTZ would work: a wide overview cam and a PTZ on the same wall, a multi-sensor with a PTZ in it, etc.

I sent this to Ken through support too. If you'd use it, say so here.
 

Attachments

  • Like
Reactions: fergenheimer
On smartpss, with a ptz, clicking to a point in its field of view and it will center that point. I then zoom in. I could see this as a good feature. In your example, it looked like the fixed camera is already pointing at the PTZ's field of view. If one of your cameras are pointing opposite of the cameras field of view, would it turn fully to point that direction?
 
  • Like
Reactions: camguy971
I'm talking about clicking on a fixed camera view, and the ptz would go to the spot I clicked on the fixed camera. watch the video i attached to fully understand. appreciate your input. thanks!