Blue Iris 'Disk Full' on Unraid SMB Share w/ the RecycleBin enabled

Coneal71

n3wb
Sep 17, 2021
3
1
Usa
A conflict occurred when enabling 'RecycleBin' on an Unraid server that is being used for storing 'new' recordings in a SMB shared folder. When it's enabled I recieved 'diskfull' errors even though there was plenty of room remaining on the drive. Since I didn't catch it when enabling the Unraid feature it took a while to troubleshoot the issue. For reference the BlueIris software version(s) used for testing (only because an upgrade was recently done and thought there maybe a corrilation) 6.0.9.10-6.1.3.10, all had the same result. Unraid version is 7.3.3. For now, the Unraid RecycleBin has been disabled and everything is back up and running, at some point I may renable it on the Unraid server again and disable it on the shared folder itself.
 
Last edited:
Update, enabled the RecycleBin on the Uraid and put in the exclusions the name of my SMB share and it is back-up and it appears to be working fine.
 
That is very puzzling. I have no idea how RecycleBin on unraid works or why that might affect free space detection, but Blue Iris may still have a workaround. When you set up a "Folder" for clip storage in Blue Iris, you can choose "Managed folder, unmanaged drive", which is supposed to turn off Blue Iris's attempts to make storage decisions based on free space. You can read more about that by clicking the Help button on that page of Blue Iris settings.

1791573772959.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: Coneal71
I had tried that with no change, but what I'm unsure of is how long I left it in that state before changing it and if it was enough time to fully impliment.
 
  • Like
Reactions: bp2008