Recent content by Virga

  1. V

    OpenAI / Hugging Face attack investigator - podcast interview

    Hugging Face attack investigation This podcast interview is worth watching about the recent Open AI agents Hugging Face incident. The first 45 minutes alone are an eye-opener about where AI technology already is. "This might be the clearest warning shot we ever get." Edit: There is a high...
  2. V

    T54IR-ZE-S3 - choppy motion in BI playback and in exported clips; also cam time stamp not showing in BI on one camera

    Thanks for your help @wittaj, this is the nth time you have turned out to be on-point/right-on about something that has had me spinning my wheels. Time is now showing correctly. Edit that might help someone else: I tried to recreate the problem just to understand it better. Turns out if you...
  3. V

    T54IR-ZE-S3 - choppy motion in BI playback and in exported clips; also cam time stamp not showing in BI on one camera

    Please see attached clip from one of two similarly installed T54IR-ZE-S3 cams, as well as screen shot of cam settings. There are two different problems I am requesting help on: 1. Is it normal to see this much motion choppiness in such a FOV? 2. Exported clip has the cam time stamp, however, on...
  4. V

    Long outdoors network cable run – Part 2 ... Fiber Optic run working

    The enclosure is IP6X rated, and indeed experience has shown that dirt and/or water have so far not gotten into the enclosure. The idea of plugging unused ports with crimped RJ45 connectors was suggested here. Key point mentioned was to crimp the RJ45 connectors with conductors, or proper...
  5. V

    Expanding storage capacity for cams footage - request input

    WD was mentioned in the reporting, but chances are all the major producers must be in a similar situation. Prudent buyers probably diversify their sourcing.
  6. V

    Expanding storage capacity for cams footage - request input

    Thanks for the info link. For some few years I've been in to Small Form Factor PCs. Its been fun, and there have been some beautifully crafted cases and nifty builds in them, all mini-ITX mobos, one PCIE slot. Now I seem to be headed back to larger mobos which give you some room and flexibility...
  7. V

    Expanding storage capacity for cams footage - request input

    This is the kind of info I was hoping to get. I have some functional understanding of PC components and have assembled my own PCs after getting fed up of limited standard builds, but others have more technical depth. For example, when I say SATA ports, I am thinking places that I can connect...
  8. V

    Expanding storage capacity for cams footage - request input

    Thanks, your response is very helpful. What mobo did you go with? Is a video card useful in a BI server? The reason I ask is that in my existing mini-ITX mobo I could add a 6-SATA-port PCIE card for $68 in the solitary PCIE slot on the mobo (or an 8 SATA port card for $130). That would bring...
  9. V

    Expanding storage capacity for cams footage - request input

    I would like to expand storage capacity for cams footage. Request suggestions on what might be good ways to do this. In 2023 January I had started with Blue Iris on PC hardware I had at hand at the time. In 2023 December I bought three 4TB WD purple drives and they were not too expensive at...
  10. V

    IPcams outside looking towards house, and elsewhere

    Recently I undertook a project in my yard that involved trenching. With people and equipment on site, the project expanded to include conduit such that free standing ipcams can be installed around the house looking towards the house as well as looking towards access pathways. There are woods...
  11. V

    Cable length in junction box

    The box itself is a variable too, I switched to square boxes after coming across a post from @Wildcat_1 from some years ago, because 3-hole and 4-hole plates are interchangeable on the same box, and you can pre-mount cam on cover plate. Perhaps a bit more room in those boxes. @TonyR post above...
  12. V

    FITCAMX DashCAM

    I came across the Fitcamx in this forum, and having gotten into ipcams, a dash cam in my vehicle seemed a good idea. I ordered a Fitcamx and had it installed. After my experience, I would not recommend Fitcamx. There are better options out there. Pros: The housing makes for a nice OEM-looking...
  13. V

    T54IR-ZE-S3 substreams not showing in BI

    I experimented to further test and validate above discussed regular user PW and ONVIF user PW conflict. Two recent additions to my cams are still on the test bench, so this was simple to do. Starting with a normally working scenario, I changed the user PW. The sub stream stopped coming through...
  14. V

    T54IR-ZE-S3 substreams not showing in BI

    Thank you @wittaj, the problem I posted above is resolved. Based on your observation about regular user PW and ONVIF user PW, my conjecture is: - I mistyped PWs while setting up the new cams, and ONVIF default admin user IDs got created with those incorrect PWs - when I corrected PWs, I did...
  15. V

    T54IR-ZE-S3 substreams not showing in BI

    Thank for your response @wittaj. That is the procedure I follow to add cams in BI, don't know another way. Whenever I got the invalid PW error, it was because I mistyped the PW, and then the camera didn't install in BI until PW typed correctly, thereafter everything proceeds as expected. I did...