Happen to catch this a couple of months ago, thought it was pretty cool. Look lower, center.
And yes, that's a little rat to the right of it in the grass
T5442-AS-S3, 6mm. Background is Tendelux DI10 illumination, foreground is camera-side IR.
If the AI you've been using isn't the one on the frigate docs site, give it a try. It's very good at looking at configs and logs and figuring out what's wrong.
Exterior cameras come with a built-in waterproof connector. I'm confused, you say you have a T54IR-ZE-S3. I have one of those as well and it has a water-proof connector on it.
Here's a somewhat painful way of doing it:
Using API HTTP calls, turn off autofocus, hit your feeder preset that has the correct focus saved, and then turn autofocus back on before you move on.
The API call for focus mode is...
That's funny, I have the EXACT same problem. Same camera, same target that hoses the autofocus. I ended up setting a bunch of other focused presets with autofocus off, but of course whenever I leave those it's a problem. I scoured the forum and the net at large trying to find an API call that...
If you turn off CGI in Network Settings/Basic Services, these api calls do not work.
My bad for turning off something without first understanding what it was.
"common gateway interface" is apparently the API access service.
:P
EDIT:
Sigh... NEVER MIND
After reading sooo many times about how the first step after new firmware (or strange problems) is to reset the camera , I didn't do it.
And then I did, and now it works just fine.
--------------------------------------------
Is anyone currently using external control...
Yes, I am seeing a significantly darker sub stream as well but just on night settings. Running the firmware the camera shipped with (T54PRO-ZE).
Were you able to find a solution?
I had this in a location for a couple of weeks until I pulled it to replace it with a T54IR-SE and don't remember...
Also in the PNW and new customer to the DI10 and my experience was a little different. Mounted one a couple of weeks ago and it worked great until the first rainstorm it experienced. It still worked somewhat, but I started getting really bad rolling shutter dark bands in the camera feeds (2...
Thanks for the suggestions, will try them!
I'm going to stick with IR. The only white light is the motion sensor LED fixture. But I will try bigredfish's suggestions to get it to kick over to color when needed/possible.
I'm new to the IPcam game so still learning. I'm still on the 0731 firmware but watching this thread avidly to inform future changes. Suggestions welcome!
Night settings:
Brightness 50
Contrast 59
Sat 50
Sharpness 50
Gamma 50
Shutter 0-5.5
Gain 0-35
Iris 100
NR 25
Day/Night: Auto, 1
Been...