Recent content by mooch91

  1. M

    What's the go-to doorbell camera today (Aug 2026)?

    I picked up the Wifi doorbell on an Amazon flash sale this week, and I should have done it much sooner. I was happy with the Amcrest AD410 initially, but I didn't realize how fuzzy the image had gotten and how difficult it was to configure until now. Image FOV is better than the Amcrest, using...
  2. M

    What's the go-to doorbell camera today (Aug 2026)?

    Good point about RTSP. I probably want the ONVIF functionality for my connection to Synology Surveillance Station. Any feedback on the Reolink app? Can it allow you to "take doorbell calls" without sending notifications of motion? Will it allow smart motion alerts to continue to your NVR if...
  3. M

    What's the go-to doorbell camera today (Aug 2026)?

    Thanks again @Jim_OS . I found the following on Reddit which helped explain the differences to me. Based on this info, the "battery" models are no good for me. I want something that will stream continuously. So only the POE/wifi model will work, despite the fact that it doesn't work with a...
  4. M

    What's the go-to doorbell camera today (Aug 2026)?

    Didn't even realize there was a V3, I only see mention of the "video doorbell" (wifi and POE options) which I assumed were "V1", and the "battery video doorbells" which I thought were V2 (though the battery has a power option to keep the battery topped off). Now I see on their website there is...
  5. M

    What's the go-to doorbell camera today (Aug 2026)?

    I haven't gotten through the whole thread yet, but what is the issue with the V2 Reolink? Not sure I understand.
  6. M

    What's the go-to doorbell camera today (Aug 2026)?

    Thanks, I'll check out the Reolink (though I must admit I'm confused at all of the different options after a quick Amazon search...). Thanks!
  7. M

    What's the go-to doorbell camera today (Aug 2026)?

    I think my Amcrest AD410 is finally giving up. Image is grainy, as I suspect the sunlight has gotten to it. Seeking to identify options for a decent and readily available replacement. My requirements are as follows: No subscription and no subscription potential. Powered by a standard 16V/24V...
  8. M

    IP5M-T1179EW vs. IP5M-T1179EW-AI

    I'm pretty sure I have cross-flashed some of mine, but it gives only limited additional detection features. It provides line/region detection, but not specifically human/vehicle, as I recall. I'm assuming these include a more advanced AI to distinguish people and vehicles.
  9. M

    Confused as heck about Hikvision event detection

    Just ended up using Smart - Intrusion detection only. Turned off basic and turned off the region/line options. Doesn't work great (a lot of false alarms and then sometimes vehicles are completely missed). Not impressed with the event processing in the FCD600 at all, hope the other Hik/Annke...
  10. M

    Alternative app for doorbell notification and camera operation?

    If Amcrest would only add a switch to the SmartHome app to allow the motion (human) and doorbell call notifications to be set independently, I could probably make SmartHome work. I spent hours yesterday pouring through the doorbell config files to see if there was something I could change with...
  11. M

    Alternative app for doorbell notification and camera operation?

    Nope. Neither version available for iOS (the old one or the new one in the app store) sees it as a doorbell and provides any 'call' notification. Let alone they are probably the sloppiest UI apps I've ever used. :( Thanks for the suggestion though, gave it a shot.
  12. M

    New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review

    Anyone have any tips for improving image quality on this doorbell camera? Can't tell if my lens is going bad from a couple of years of sun exposure or what, but the picture is grainy both during the day and at night (though it was never really a great picture to begin with). At night, in...
  13. M

    Good deal Annke 180 degree dual 1/1.8 for $220?

    Anyone have any tips for the web GUI for the FCD600 camera? Every time I go in to make updates to settings, the web GUI gets very laggy and unresponsive, and some times saving settings is not successful. I hesitate to download the "plug in" that they recommend. Any tips appreciated. Thanks!
  14. M

    Do codec and bitrate affect camera's *internal* motion detection?

    Curious if any of a camera's codec and bitrate settings affect its ability to detect motion and send corresponding events to an NVR? I use a varierty of different brand cameras and connect them to my Synology Surveillance Station. Since my Surveillance Station doesn't have any AI or...
  15. M

    Alternative app for doorbell notification and camera operation?

    Hi all, My situation is as follows: Amcrest AD410 doorbell is one of eight cameras being managed by Synology Surveillance Station. I am seeking a simple, alternative app which will allow me to receive doorbell push notifications and quickly bring up the camera and intercom for the doorbell...